Getting started with us is simple – give us a call at 714-653-2212 to schedule your FREE private introduction to CrossFit or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org Our program requires each athlete to complete an introduction prior to enrollment. This is a one-on-one session during which you’ll get a chance to learn a lot more about CrossFit Surf City and actually experience a workout for yourself. It is by appointment only and is a prerequisite for taking a group class. The introductory session allows us to get to know you, find out what your current level of fitness and skill is and discover what your goals are. After your intro, you can choose one of several enrollment options that give you access to classes, private skill lessons, nutrition education, workout journaling, challenges, seminars and events at our School of Elite Fitness.
Try Us From Home
If you want to try us from home, you can start immediately. Visit our Home Page and check out our workout of the day. These will give you a good example of the style of our training and classes. However, be forewarned, these workouts were designed for elite athletes and are very difficult – we have a few suggestions for getting started.
1. Learn the movements – many of the exercises that make up a CrossFit workout are very different from anything you have done in the past. When you are learning a new movement, go light, don’t do as many repetitions and make sure your form is excellent. Overdoing it in a new exercise is an easy way to get hurt.
2. Take it easy! Get through the workout. Modifit any way you need to – split up a high repetition set into many low rep sets, reduce the weights, and reduce the volume or distances.
3. Make the WOD apart of your daily life. The typical workout schedule is three days on, one day off; or five days on, two off. Consistency is the road map to success, not so much intensity at first. Be consistent.
4. After the first month, begin to increase the intensity of your workout. We’ve been asked, “Is the Workout of the Day really all I need to do?” The answer is simply “YES” – that is, when you are able to complete it going as hard and fast as possible. Your goal is to attack every workout and tear it to shreds. It should CRUSH you!
The high intensity component is a major component of CrossFit’s programming and is essential to get the full benefits. At these high intensities, your body will respond / recover with a very high neurological and endocrine (hormonal) adaptation (neuroendocrine response). Shhh This is the “secret” behind the programming, in very often 20 minutes or less, to enable you to develop world-class fitness!
If you run in to difficulties on your own, want to get personal or group instruction, or want to simply learn more, we suggest the following resources:
– SCHEDULE an INTRO. Call us at (714) 653-2212.
– Read “How to start”.
– Download a free copy of CrossFit Foundations
– Browse the CrossFit.com web site for gobs of information, especially on the message board.